Tutorials for users¶
Welcome to the GET-IT Users Tutorial documentation.
This tutorial documentation will teach how to use the GET-IT going in depth into what we can do with the software application. The avaiable sections are:
- Account and users: this section will guide you through account and users management. At the end of this section you will know how to register new accounts with different activity profiles, update your account information, and view other user accounts.
- Managing layers: this section will guide you to create, delete, manage and share layers.
- Managing observations: this section will guide you to register sensors and to create, delete, manage and share sensor oservations.
- managing_views: this section will guide you to create, delete, manage and share views (maps).
- Managing metadata: this section will guide you to compile metadata for layers, sensors and views through the EDI metadata editor.
Before proceeding with the reading, it is strongly recommended to be sure having clear the following concepts:
- GeoNode basic concepts.
- What is a geospatial server and a basic knowledge of the geospatial web services.
- What is Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) and it’s standards
- What is a metadata and a catalog.
- What is a map and a legend.
- What is a sensor and a observation (Sensor Observation System, OGC standard).