Welcome to the Get-It Users Tutorial documentation.
This tutorial will teach how to use the Get-it going in depth into what we can do with software application. At the end of this section you will you will know how to:
- Manage users accounts and how to modify them.
- Use and manage the different Get-It basic resouces.
- Manage Sensors and Observations and pubblish them.
- Manage Layers and Views (Maps) and publish them.
- Manage Metadata and pubblish them.
Before proceeding with the reading, it is strongly recommended to be sure having clear the following concepts:
- GeoNode basic concepts.
- What is a geospatial server and a basic knowledge of the geospatial web services.
- What is Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) and it’s standards
- What is a metadata and a catalog.
- What is a map and a legend.
- What is a sensor and a observation (Sensor Observation System, OGC standard).
- Accounts and users
- This section will guide you through account registration, updating your account information, and viewing other user accounts.
- Managing layers
- Create, delete, manage and share Layers and Metadata.
- Managing observations
- Manage observations, create and insert sensors.
- Managing views
- Create, delete, manage and share Maps. Add, view and download observation.
- Compilazione Metadati
- you will learn how to compile metadata.
- Informazioni sui metadati
- you will learn how to compile xxxxxx.
- Conversione Tiff-GeoTiff
- how to create a correct geotiff format file.
- PRJ file
- description of what is a prj file.
- WMS SERVICES offered by JRC
- JRC web services.
- External Services
- external web services usefull for RITMARE project.
- Italian Reference System
- principal reference system used in Italy.
- Using WMS services
- you will learn how to use wms services.
- Data Restriction
- you will learn what “data restriction” are.
- Plugin QGIS for GeoServer and GeoNode
- a usefull plugin of QGIS for mangare GET-IT layers.